At Arrochar Primary School, our curriculum will take into account and promote our vision, values and aims. We aim to provide a safe, positive, nurturing environment where everyone has the opportunity to flourish:
In Arrochar Primary School, we are engaged in the pursuit of excellence. Our main aim is to provide a school education of high quality which will equip children with skills and attitudes for lifelong learning and will prepare them for life beyond school. We want to provide a safe, positive, nurturing environment where every person has the opportunities to flourish.
In our school we are committed to providing appropriate opportunities for the development of pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural values through both the ethos and the curriculum. This will be undertaken in partnership with parents and will take account of the individual needs of pupils and the views of parents.
Our school welcomes and encourages diversity and individuality, while emphasizing our common commitment to moral values such as honesty, respect for others, compassion and justice. Fundamental principles of our school are that all who involved in the life of our school have the right to be respected as individuals and carry the responsibility to act in a considerate and respectful manner towards others. We are firmly committed to the elimination of any form of discrimination on the grounds of race, religion, gender or disability.
This shared vision is supported by a number of strategies including the following:
- Ensuring breadth and balance across the curriculum.
- Raising attainment through self-evaluation and improvement.
- Providing a quality learning environment which stimulates and motivates pupils.
- Supporting pupils by providing personal and special development and active health.
- Promoting values and seeking to build a community where are all members are held in high regard and their dignity, worth and individuality are respected.
- Effective deployment of staff and resources as well as close “partnership working” between home, school and the local community.
- Ensuring the development of excellence by fostering high quality leadership at all levels.
We will be all the more successful in fulfilling these aims if we work together, parents and staff, supporting and co-operating with one another. We believe that education involves a close partnership between the home and school and take great care to encourage this bond.
Our School Motto
“Dream it, Believe it, Do it!”
Our Values – (RICHER)